Terms & Conditions
American Precision Electronics warrants to the original customer that the products provided will be free from defects in material or workmanship. This warranty is limited to six (6) months from the date of shipment or twelve (12) months from date of manufacture by American Precision Electronics, whichever occurs first. The date of manufacture is either printed as a Julian date code in permanent marker on the product or, if customer-specified, is printed as a serialized number or date/lot code on a label affixed on the product.
Limitations and Exclusions
American Precision Electronics’s obligations under this warranty and the sole remedy for its breach are limited to repair, at its manufacturing facility, of any part or parts of its products which prove to be defective; or, in its sole discretion, replacement of such products. All returns of defective parts or products must include a Return Material Authorization form arranged through American Precision Electronics’ Customer Service. Authorized returns must be shipped prepaid unless otherwise arranged through American Precision Electronics’ Customer Service. Repaired or replacement parts will be shipped by American Precision Electronics F.O.B. shipping point.
1. The warranty provided herein does not cover charges for labor or other costs incurred in the troubleshooting, repair, removal, installation, service or handling of parts or complete products by the owner-user.
2. All claims under the warranty provided herein must be made within ninety (90) days from the date of discovery of the defect. Failure to notify American Precision Electronics of a warranted defect within ninety (90) days of its discovery voids American Precision Electronics’ obligations hereunder.
3. The warranty provided herein shall be void and of no effect in the event that (a) the product has been operated outside its designed electrical and thermal capacities; (b) the product has been subjected to misuse, neglect, accident, improper or inadequate ESD (electrostatic discharge) protection, corrosive environments, environments containing airborne contaminants (silicone, aluminum oxide, etc.), or excessive thermal shock; (c) unauthorized modifications are made to the product; (d) the product is not installed and operated in compliance with applicable building, mechanical, plumbing and electrical codes; (e) the serial number or Julian date code of the product has been altered, defaced or removed; or (f) an error in the design by the owner of the product has caused a part of the product or the complete product to malfunction.
4. The warranty provided herein is for repair or replacement only. American Precision Electronics, Inc. shall not be liable for any loss, cost, damage, or expense of any kind arising out of a breach of the warranty. Further, American Precision Electronics, Inc. shall not be liable for any incidental, consequential, exemplary, special, or punitive damages, nor for any loss of revenue, profit or use, arising out of a breach of this warranty or in connection with the sale, maintenance, use, operation or repair of any American Precision Electronics assembled product. In no event will American Precision Electronics, Inc. be liable for any amount greater than the purchase price of a defective product. The disclaimers of liability included in this paragraph 4 shall remain in effect and shall continue to be enforceable in the event that any remedy herein shall fail of its essential purpose.
5. THIS WARRANTY IS THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY FOR PRODUCTS ASSEMBLED BY AMERICAN PRECISION ELECTRONICS, AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES. AMERICAN PRECISION ELECTRONICS, INC. SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES,
INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
No person or entity is authorized to bind American Precision Electronics, Inc. to any other warranty, obligation or liability for any American Precision Electronics’ product.
Installation, operation or use of the American Precision Electronics’ product for which this warranty is issued shall constitute acceptance of the terms hereof.